Whether unemployed or underemployed, searching for a new job can be frustrating and overwhelming. You need all the resources you can get – and you need them free, fast, and easy.
Region C Workforce Development Board can help.
We provide jobseekers with a variety of no-cost resources including workshops, networking opportunities, job fairs, coaching, and (depending on eligibility) training support to help you find your next career.
NCWorks Online is a robust new website launched by the state of North Carolina to better connect you to employers and their thousands of job listings across the state. By registering on NCWorks Online you can:
- Access jobs posted directly by employers as well as those collected from major career sites such as CareerBuilder, Monster, LinkedIn and more – all aggregated in one place online so you no longer have to search multiple sites;
- Apply to those jobs directly from NCWorks Online, using a resume and cover letter you create with the site’s easy-to-use tools (or upload your own);
- Help employers find you faster by being present on NCWorks Online;
- Create a “virtual recruiter” to search job postings and notify you when one matches your skills;
- Track your job-search activities;
- Research real-time labor market information such as salaries;
- Assess your job skills, research training providers, determine a training budget, and create a training plan;
- Contact a member of our staff to learn about and determine if you’re eligible to receive an On-the-Job Training grant through your new employer or participate in classroom-based or other training programs to enhance your skills.
The Region C Workforce Development Board requires all job-seekers to register on NCWorks Online to access our programs and services. Once you complete your profile there, you’ll be able to search and apply for jobs, review our events calendar and register and take full advantage of the power and convenience of NCWorks Online.