- Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act for the NC Works Career Center Operator Request for Letter of Intent to Bid
- News & Opportunities from NCCommerce
- Labor Data for Region C
- Best Practices from McDowell NCWorks Center
- North Carolina Business Owners And NCAWDB Members To Meet With Trump Administration, Congress
Monthly Archives: March 2015
From Ron Painter, President of NAWB:
The Republicans on the Budget Committee, Chaired by Rep Price of GA, filed their budget overview today. Lots of analysis yet to go, but a couple points on a VERY quick read thus far.
A Balanced Budget for a Stronger America
House Budget Committee | March 2015
In the past, lawmakers have dealt with the problem with short-term funding patches. Our budget rejects these temporary measures and makes the Pell Grant program permanently sustainable so that it is able to serve students today and in the future.
- This starts by targeting Pell Grants to students who need the most assistance. In recent years, students from higher income households have become eligible for Pell. In fact, the Department of Education attributed 14 percent of growth in the program between 2008 and 2011 to expansions that were made to the needs-analysis formula. Increasing eligibility to those with higher incomes drains resources from those wh
The NCWorks Commission meeting was held on March 2nd, a postponement from the original February date.
Will Collins, Executive Director for NCWorks gave an update to what is happening with NCWorks around the state. We spoke briefly of the success of the 1000/100 initiative and that Tammy Childers with Eastern Carolina WDB would give a presentation on the success. He also mentioned that a new Senate Workforce Committee had been formed within the General Assembly and that he and his staff would be meeting with them this week to give them an overview of Workforce Development.
Dr. Scott Ralls, President of the NC Community College System, and Dr. June Akinson, State Superintendent, N.C. Department of Public Instruction, both gave an update to happenings around the state.